热搜: 留学 移民 培训
查看: 1022|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

托福作文范文:你是否覺得我们不应该从外表来評价一个人?

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2017-7-22 21:06:02 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
    Topic54DoyouagreeordisagreewiththefoWhatdoyoufeelwhenahandsomegentlemanoSometimesyoucantelltheperson'scharac"Beautyandbeast"and"SnowwhiteandseveMoreover,thereareotherundeniablefactInmostcases,oneshouldneverjudgeapersInhighschoolIstayedawayfromstudentswIfyouformanopinionofsomeonebasedonstJudgingpeoplebyexternalappearanceissPeopleshouldnotbenaveaboutnewpeopletSomepeoplejudgeapersononlybyhisorherJudgingapersonbyhisorherexternalappeIfyoujudgeapersononlybyhisorherexterJudgingapersonbyexternalappearancesiSoIthinkthatjudgingapersonbyhisorher

Topic54:你是否觉得我们不应该从外表來評价一個人?
  Topic54 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
  [托福参看范文之一]
  Topic: 54
  What do you feel when a handsome gentleman or a beautiful lady passes by? Then how about a fat short person wearing a dirty shirt? You feel differently? Yes, most people do. It's very common for people to judge a person by external appearance, because it's easy and direct, and it's instinctive. Appearance is a very important aspect of a person and reflects one's personalities.
  Sometimes you can tell the person's characteristics from his appearance. However, in most cases, you can't tell exactly what the person is like just from the external appearance, and ethically, we should not judge a person just by one glance at his external appearance.
  "Beauty and beast" and "Snow white and seven dwarves" are two stories that are almost known by everyone. Although there are fables, there are deep meanings inside them. What you can learn from them is that people that are not so good-looking can be very good people internally. And actually there are tons of examples in reality. Napoleon is a very short guy, but he was one of the most famous people in the history. Theodore Roosevelt, former US president during World War II, is handicapped; but he is one of the most successful presidents in American history. So how can you tell about the people from their external appearance?
  Moreover, there are other undeniable facts which show that a beautiful person may be rotten inside. There are many prostitutes on the busy streets. It's obviously that they are very beautiful, but are they really righteous people? A beautiful appearance is a good thing, but a righteous heart is more valuable. Finally, as we can see, it's out of question that we should not judge people just from their external appearance. The most important standard is their internal personality.
  [托福参看范文之二]
  In most cases, one should never judge a person by external appearances. Sometimes when I walk down the street at night, I avoid people who are acting tough and loud, but in general, I prefer to reserve judgment until I get to know someone. Judging someone by external appearance can be deceptive. Judgments based on external appearances prevent you from getting to know a person,
  reinforce stereotypes, and are superficial and limiting.
  In high school I stayed away from students who were called the "bad students" because they dressed a certain way. I wanted nothing to do with them. I later had the chance to meet one of these "bad students" because his mother was a friend of my mother. Since we had to be polite to each other because of our mothers, we started talking and I realized that we had a lot in common. My impression of him was very different once I got to know him.
  If you form an opinion of someone based on stereotypes, you risk never getting to know someone who is different. You may be missing out on an opportunity to make a good friend. In addition, you are reinforcing that stereotype by believing it without given the person a chance. If you take the time to get to know the person, you might become friends.
  Judging people by external appearance is superficial and often unfair. After all, you don't know what circumstances the person might be facing or who the person really is. Perhaps the person comes from a less fortunate family than you and cannot afford the kind of stylish clothes your friends wear. However, that does not mean the person is less intelligent or interesting than you are.
  People should not be nave about new people they meet, but should take time to get to know them. External appearance often does not tell us anything about a person. Judging someone by their appearance is misleading, reinforces stereotypes, and is limiting. Doing so could prevent you from making a true friend.
[托福参看范文之三]
  Some people judge a person only by his or her external appearances. I disagree with their attitude. I think that one should never judge a person by external appearances.
  Judging a person by his or her external appearances may mislead your understanding him or her. A person who has a pretty face and wears beautiful clothes may not have same kind of heart inside. On the other hand, the internal characters of a person can not be judged by his or her external appearances.
  If you judge a person only by his or her external appearances, you may lose chances to make good friends. Everyone has his own habits to choose clothes, hair style and the way to live. Maybe both of you have interests and hobbies in common. You can not know this point because your wrong judgment from his different ways to deal with something prevents you from knowing his interest and keeps you too far from him to make good friends.
  Judging a person by external appearances is unfair and one-sided. To evaluate a person fairly, you have to know his family, his situation and him entirely and clearly. A person who is from poor family may be intelligent and diligent. The one who can afford expensive clothes may be indifferent with others.
  So I think that judging a person by his or her external appearances always leads us to draw a wrong conclusion about a person. It is limiting and unfair. Everyone longs for the understanding from others. So we should give others chances to show all of their characters and at the same time we should evaluate them fairly and objectively.

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|联系我们|出国留学论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 06:04 , Processed in 0.125000 second(s), 17 queries .